Home science is becoming the best career option for those who are interested in food & nutrition, fabric and textile technologies, family management and the art of living. Presently, many universities and institutes are offering home science programs for students who want to take up something different as promising career prospect. Some of the unique features of home science program are:
- The course helps in developing scientific attitude in students to achieve greater efficiency in career.
- The program is designed to provide formal training about family management and other areas to cope up with different demands.
- Enhances the creativity of students through different learning methods like theoretical and practical methods.
- Imparts knowledge in students through various vocational programs, including clothing, childcare and psychology. Moreover, the course develops practical skills which are appropriate for professional employment.
- With the help of various seminars and conferences, students can understand the different fields like dieticians, medical experts, doctors, etc.
A best university in UP and other part of India offer both UG and Master’s in Home Science, giving more chances for students to take up the course accordingly. In the recent scenario, home science has gained huge popularity among certain sections of students who want to hone skills in different industries including clothing, interior decoration and others.
Eligibility for Home Science Course:
The eligibility for the home science course depends on whether the student is taking up UG, PG or Master’s course. Most of the best universities in Delhi NCR and other regions like IIMT University offer set a certain criteria for home science course. For B.Sc course, students should be 10+2 pass out with science subjects.
- For B.Sc Home Science:
Student with 10+2 passing certificate is eligible to seek B.Sc course in Home Science. If the student has passed out natural science or physical science subject, then the passing certificate is still eligible.
- PG Diploma in Home Science:
A student graduate in Home Science or equivalent to this course is eligible for PG Diploma in Home Science.
- Sc in Home Science:
Student with B.Sc in Home Science is eligible to get admission in M.Sc in home science
Career Prospects of Home Science Students:
Whether you’re pursuing home science from any of the best universities in Delhi NCR or any other places, the career prospects for students is positive. It is a scientific course which develops various skills of students. Moreover, the course doesn’t limit the skills to decoration, cooking, art or stitching, but beyond that.
Different job field for Home Science Students:
- Production Jobs: This area covers food preservation, dress- making and cooking. Graduated or masters certificate students can get into textile business.
- Sales Jobs: Students who are well equipped with skills of sales and managing promotion, sales jobs is the perfect option to go for.
- Teaching Jobs: Individual with a bachelor’s degree in Home Science can take up the job of teaching in school or college.
There are many career options for student who’ve earned graduate or masters in social science from the best university in UP and other states. With the increase in the demand for such graduates, the
pay package too has been increased which gives a solid reason to take up this career.