If you are planning to complete Post Graduation in management then CAT is the best entrance exam for this purpose. Common Admission Test or CAT 2018 provides you admission into 20 IIMs and 100 B-Schools for various MBA programs. This examination is conducted by IIM Calcutta on a rotational basis every year. You must have Bachelor’s degree to participate in this examination. Students who are in the final year of Bachelor’s are also eligible to apply for this examination. The registration is going to begin from 2nd week of August 2018. The interested students have to fulfill the Eligibility Criteria laid down by the exam conducting body before applying for the exam. The registration would be conducted online on the official website. You have to fill the Application Form before you miss the last date. Also, if the Application Form is filled incorrectly then the exam committee will cancel that particular Application. Read the article to know the procedure of how you can register yourself for the examination.
Important Dates for CAT 2018 Application Form
The official dates will release once the announcement is made. The tentative dates are mentioned below.
S.No. Main Events Important Dates
- Application Form Releases 2nd week of August 2018
- Last Day for Registration 4th week of September 2018
- Application Correction 4th week of September 2018
- Admit Card 3rd week of October 2018
- Mock Test 4th week of October 2018
- Exam Date 25th November 2018 (Sunday)
How to Register for CAT 2018?
- To apply for the examination, first, you have to fulfil the Eligibility Criteria laid down by the exam conducting body.
- There is no age limit for this examination.
- Candidates belonging to General and OBC category must have a Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 50% marks from a recognized board. The candidates of ST, SC, and PwD category must have a Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 45% marks from a recognized board.
- Students who are appearing for the final year Bachelor’s this year are also eligible to apply for this examination.
- It is requested that those are Eligible only they must register for the examination. Students who do not fulfil the above-mentioned Criteria are advised not to apply for this exam.
- The Application Form for CAT will be released by the 2nd week of August 2018. The process of filling the Application Form is going to be conducted online on the official website.
- The first step is the Registration Process. Open the official website and click on the button which says “Register Now”. Enter your Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, and Email Address in the dialog box. Enter the correct information so that it doesn’t cause any hindrance during the Application Form filling process. Once you submit the details you will receive a unique Username and Password through email and SMS.
- After the registration, you have to enter the new Username and Password that you had received to make the Application Form appear on the screen.
- Enter all the details that are required while filling the Application Form. Avoid making mistakes because this same information is going to be added to your CAT 2018 Admit Card. And, students with incorrect information on the Admit Card won’t be allowed to give the examination.
- Since the Application Form is divided into sections, therefore, it is advised that you save one section before proceeding to the next section.
- Upload all the required documents and make sure that they are scanned and then uploaded.
- Higher Secondary Certificate
- Senior Secondary Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Recent Passport Size Image with a white background
- Image of the Signature
- Names of the Courses you want to apply for
- There is a field in the Application Form which says “Work Experience”. This section is only for those students who had a job experience before. There is no issue if the student has had no experience.
- Students have to select 4 exam centres according to their preference. Also, the Institution they are willing to study has to be mentioned as well.
- It is compulsory to send the Application Fee along with the Application Form. The payment can be made through Credit Card, Debit Card, or Net Banking.
- Candidates belonging to the General and OBC Category will have to pay Rs. 1800.
- Candidates belonging to the SC/ST/PwD Category will have to pay Rs. 900.
- Once the payment is completed no alteration can be done on the Application Form. Therefore, you must cross check the details that you have entered before moving forward for the payment.
- Take a print out of the Application Form once it is submitted for the future purpose.
- The last date for registration is 4th week of September 2018. You cannot register yourself for the examination if you miss the last date.
The complete procedure of how to fill the Application Form for CAT 2018 is given above. If you have any more questions you can write it down in the comment box given below.